10.25.2009

Jars of Pie


For quite a few weeks now I have been craving to make pies-in-jars. I saw this project on Our Best Bites and fell in love (i fall in love quite often and with various types of things and people). Finally, this weekend, i found the perfect set of jars. Today, amidst massive amounts of homework, projects, and busyness, I baked 7 little jars of pie! It was splendid! It was also the first time I baked with my vintage cherry apron i found a few weeks ago. Wearing an apron while baking is somehow more enjoyable than wearing an apron while cooking (even though they are both enjoyable). Another first: using my "mini fall cookie cutter set" for the toppers - so adorable. I wasn't able to take any pictures but here are some from Our Best Bites.




4 comments:

  1. Kat, anytime that I read your blog, it's like reading sunshine and deep down smiles into my heart. I come away warm and happy every time. :) (And you're giving me so many great ideas!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Beth! Your comment is very encouraging :) I am hoping to have a craft/bake night in November. It would be swell for you to join :) I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so you actually bake it right in the jar! So cute and brilliant too!
    (This is Alex McElroy! Definitely keep up the blogging, you always find/make such fascinating things!) :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Alex! it is super easy to bake - highly recommended :)

    ReplyDelete