9.22.2009

Creature of Habit

When I get comfortable with something- a seat in a classroom or at the dinner table, a tasty treat, a pen, and/or other various things- I usually stick with it for a very long time. I have always known this about myself, but I suppose it has just become a little more apparent than usual in the last few weeks. Two specific comforts: music and clothes.

When I find a song I like or love, I listen to it on repeat over and over and over... and over. I usually don't get sick of it for at least a month or two. I abandon many other pretty melodies for the infamous "favorite of the month." Usually I make copies of the song for my car, bathroom, and office. To those who cannot listen to the same song more than once a day, I apologize - my mind works a little different than most. I decided to share my quirks with you. Here is a list of songs I have been listening to many more times (this month) than I feel comfortable to admit:

Hazelton - Justin Vernon
Hurricane - Mindy Smith
Sweet Disposition - The Temper Trap
Our Love was Good and Our Love was Right - Bradley Hathaway
Flightless Bird, American Mouth - Iron and Wine

Clothes- haha. I don't mean my day to day outfits... those I can change and have lots of variety with. But.... my lounge clothes- talk about comfort! Today is my third (or fourth?) day in a row to wear the same gray tunic sweater with matching gray leggings (My roommates have noted this because of the distinct color coordination or lack thereof). Before that I had, for about a week, worn the same red shorts with green t shirt every night. It was hot (the weather). Since the weather got a little more fall-like over the weekend, I dug up the ole gray leggings and paired it with my newly found used gray tunic sweater. Not too hot, not too cold. Now, before you go thinking these clothes must get pretty unpleasant in a week - keep in mind I am only wearing them about 2-3 hours a day. (If you want to catch me in my gray gloriousness, pop in around 8 or 9pm... i'll be comfy!)

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment