9.02.2009

My Twenty First

Last Saturday, the 29th, I turned twenty one. My parents take this milestone quite seriously because, in Chinese culture, 21 is a release into adulthood (not just the right to drink alcohol) and as my dad always said, "I'm going to roast you a pig!" Because I didn't think pig roasting would be the most appealing way to spend my 21st, I thought it would be nice to throw a little party. A little Pastel Party :) With MUCH help from my loving and amazing parents, the party was a success! I had a lot of fun with the theme - choosing a random assortment of linens (including pillow cases) from various thrift stores to use as table cloths, ordering cute invitations from Midwest Modern Girl on Etsy, using my mason jar collection, picking out napkins and paper plates (oh the joys of pastel paperwear!), wearing my favorite polka dot dress, and (humbly but gloriously) baking and decorating cupcakes!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here are some of my favorite shots of the day; taken by my roommate and bestie, Amanda DuFord.








1 comment:

  1. Hey, Happy Belated Birthday :). Got your blog name from you mom. amazing lady.
    21 is such a lovely age and time in anyone's life. It's like the first time of spring followed by summer for a long long time :).

    have a great 21st year!

    ReplyDelete